Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Project "Buttercup"


This is the doll that I made for Babe for Christmas. Considering I sketched out my own pattern I think it turned out pretty good! I'd originally planned on making it from various fabrics in coordinating colors but that proved to be harder than it looked and considering the time it would've took. I decided to go with a solid color and make clothes in coordinating fabric instead. You can't tell from the pic but I managed to find a pom pom for the tail from Hobby Lobby's doll making section. I'd found some bubble gum pink floss for the mouth and some old buttons for the eyes. And I couldn't resist using some blush on its cheeks. Looking at it now, it looks like its foot has a chunk missing, I guess I could've went heavier on the stuffing. LOL Oh well, this was so much fun to do!

Anyway, my day will be making clothing patterns for this doll and trying to make dresses for it with Velcro enclosures instead of buttons. Now that I have a minute to breathe since the holidays are over and I don't have anything else going on for a few more days.

I spent the whole day yesterday watching the inauguration and its events afterward. What an exciting time! Looking at that sea of people from my TV was unreal, I wish I could've been there. I have hope that things in this country will get better.

Since talking to my cousin out in NY were starting to think about going out to visit her and the kids. My husband and I haven't been out that way before and it would be nice to see her and see that part of the country. I hate to sound like a tourist but I just want to see the sights, and get an I heart NY t shirt!

Well from the looks outside I should get moving, I might have to leave early to get some errands done.

3 comments:

  1. What a CUTE bunny!! It reminds me of the ones you see in the antique stores. :-) I just love those. My whole family can sew and make quilts except me. Lol, maybe someday.


    NY would be so neat to visit. I just want to see the big TV screen. Lol. I am sure there is a lot to see there though. I hope you guys do make a trip out there, I think it would be exciting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. country girl, Thank you! I was just hoping that it would resemble a bunny, but hearing that it looks like an antique bunny is awesome!

    Bobby, yes errands. :) people insist on eating things around here. It seems like I'm going to the market more often now days.

    ReplyDelete