Monday, January 5, 2009

Hiatus

So during my NyQuil induced stupor journal space finally bit the dust. Damn..... that sucks. I thought that it was time to stop lurking around here and create another journal already.

The holidays went by pretty fast. We spent some time together as a family and got to spend time by ourselves doing what we love. I for one, love to sew/ scrapbook so I worked on a family scrapbook thats been on going since June. My husband got to jam with some friends for a few days which made nice ear candy to enjoy while scrapbooking. There's nothing like picking your own cut n paste soundtrack and hearing some Hendrix really made my day.
We didn't do much outdoors due to the fact that its been cold and icy for days now. I can't remember us having a winter that was this rough. Typically we have snow, but not this much this soon. If it the snowfall, freezing temps and ice are going to keep up then I'm hoping that spring comes quick this year. I think the knee high snow in the backyard is more than enough already.

My brother and I spoke for about an hour on the phone today. He got back to Texas just fine however he's still missing some luggage. LOL Poor kid! He deploys on Saturday so he's hoping that it shows up by then. He's already packed up and ready to go just in case he has to leave early. He'd just returned from visiting our dad so he filled me in on how that was. I guess they spent some time sorting through some family pictures and talked about how my grandfather courted my grandmother. She'd been a religious woman and was a nurse. They'd met a tuberculosis hospital, he and his wife and child were patients there and my grandma was a nurse there at the time. His wife and child eventually died but he recovered. A few years passed before he pursued my grandma, he used to drive to see her at her at the church where she attended with her family every Sunday. From what I've been told the letters were written in Sioux and my dad had them for awhile but he's not sure where they are now. My dad told the boys about my grandma and how she was. I remember her but they boys met her when they were babies. So for my brother Jesse it was nice to hear about her and see old pictures of her. From what Jesse said my dad's going to try to ship these family albums here before he arrives. I know I'd like to see them. It would be good for the kids to see their great grandma too!

I suppose I should get out of here. I need to find out whats going on for tomorrow and get going on the newsletter.

6 comments:

  1. I love looking at old albums, and hearing family history.
    So good to see ya! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *BiG HuGz* Its so nice to see a familiar face! It's so strange here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love going through the old photo"s, each one seems to speak to me these days

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad i found you again my friend.huggggggggggggggggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my place here! Lost luggage before a Deployment, yikes! I hope he didn't have any of his Deployment stuff in there! Hopefully they get it to him.


    I love looking at old family photos and hearing the stories. So much can be learned, and you get to know people that have since passed. Very cool! That is awesome that she wrote letters in Sioux!! I have always been interesting in Sioux history/culture.

    Hope you're having a great day!


    P.S. I am still laughing at your other post about taking the van "off roading". Lol. I hear ya on that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. solider, its nice to see you too! *HuGz* I'm starting to find more refugees. :)

    country girl- He finally got his luggage back, thank god! I'd sent him a new digital camera and that was for his deployment. So I'm glad he's got everything now.

    The Sioux language is pretty interesting. There are 7 different dialects to it, so some words mean different things to different people depending on which band of Sioux that person is from. :)

    ReplyDelete