My youngest brother Johnathan called this evening. He's doing pretty good in school and has an after school job now. It's so strange talking to him at times because I find myself sounding more like a mother hen to him than a sister. I try not to! He knows I mean well, I just want him to keep on working hard and stay focused on some long term goals. He's more like a son than a brother to me because he is a year older than my oldest child. My daughter thinks its hilarious that her uncle is that close in age. I tease my dad about this too, in my opinion my dad should stop hooking up and having kids. But hey, I guess that's his business though. ;) He's never really been one of those dad's who sat and watched reruns of Jeopardy.
When I wasn't on the phone or myspace I was getting Babe's IEP paperwork ready for tomorrow morning. It's hard to find the words sometimes when it comes to things like this. I always get worried because I want to make sure that her needs are met at school and I don't want to forget anything. I do wish these forms had more room for me to write though. My main goals for her are to learn how to transition, stay on task until completion, learn how to voice concerns/needs without using pecs cards, work on doing tasks that require more than three steps. I've got more to add on there too but my mind is wandering. I'm exhausted! And I still have more paperwork to do. I love that girl and want whats best for her. I hope that the meeting goes smoothly since we won't have much time to do this before school is in session.
Anyway, its pretty late and I should get back to it so I can catch a few hours of sleep. After the meeting is over I just want to come home and bake some cookies. I've been craving chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. LOL When I'm stressed I love my comfort foods! What are your favorite comfort foods?

The IEP stuff is one thing I'm very glad to be done with. It is so hard to make sure your child gets the services he/she needs...I ended up taking an Advocacy class to learn how to have Matt's needs met best. It gets frustrating when you know what you want, what would be best for your child, and the school ignores/denies the request.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite comfort food is toast with strawberry jam. *laughing* That, and a cuppa tea.
Take care of you~ (db) Gina
Hi DB!
ReplyDeleteI should look into taking one of those too. I should've a long time ago but its better late than never. :D
Tyler had to have the Ontario version of an IEP when he was younger, and we were very lucky that he got the help that he did. A lot of parents never get the support. It served him from age 6 or so right up into his high school years.
ReplyDeleteMmm, toast and jam... but I have already eaten enough today :-)