It's already Tuesday? My week is flying by! I took advantage of winter coats going on clearance and I also got some white shoes today as well. I haven't been buying too much for myself lately so I guess I was long over due. If I had more time I would've got some cute tops too but we had to get back.
The girls and I went out for dinner this evening, its nice just to spend time together. I can focus on them instead of putting together a meal. My oldest has her dance coming up so she's pretty excited about that. And my Babe has a birthday party coming up on Sunday for our old neighbors little girl. You know, for the life of me I cannot remember the girls name! While my husband was on the phone getting the details I wish he would've thought of a way to ask. Like, 'how do you spell her name"? Something so its not so obvious! LOL
I had words with my father yesterday. I know I should respect him, and watch my words. But I just lost it with him. It's been brewing for months, not only has he not come to see me yet but he has n o interest in being supportive of my brother being deployed. I sense that he is still avoiding the visit, the main reason being he would just feel out of place here. I kinda see his point, I only got married and had two kids while I wasn't speaking to ( anyone) in my family. He's missed out on my wedding, my kids being born, my purchase of my first home and mostly me growing as a person. He probably feels bad because I did everything without him. The last time he saw me I was 19 years old and even then I'd never taken a dime from him. I've had absolutely no family support since I was 16 and I think that really freaks him out.
But still! If he wasn't coming then why the hell did he call here and tell my husband that he was coming to meet him (finally) and see the kids(finally)? He didn't have to do all that.
As for my brothers situation he's not happy that he's gone into the military so he won't talk about him. I hate that he's being an ass about that because it really hurts Jesse that he doesn't have his support. What irritates me is how he pushed him into the service and now he can't stand it.
My husband said that my dad needs time and not to ride his ass about it and let it go. I said that I wouldn't get emotional about this but I did, I'm human and its ok. (That's me trying to convince myself that its ok to be mad.) I think my husband's right. No one but my dad knows why he's handling things the way he is and let it be. I said my peace and I now I have to let the anger go.
This week we need to get things ready for the busy work weeks ahead. My husband will go back to working 12 hour days/6 days a week within the next month that's predicted to last until September. I would like him to help me get my daughters bedroom painted and help me move some furniture out of storage. Things get done alot faster when he helps me out. That and I'm not a big fan of painting anymore. After painting 8 rooms in this house I'm REALLY sick of painting! I wish I could change the color of the room with a click of a button, kinda like The Sims. LOL!
Anyway, tomorrow's another day and its going to be an early one, were supposed to get more snow but we'll see what happens. I hope that's wrong because I don't want to shovel anymore.
Have a good night all!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This must be the season for Dad's to go weird. Sorry he is acting that way. :-(
ReplyDeleteIt is hard for a parent to have a child in the Military, and Deployed, maybe it is just his way of dealing. Who knows. Dads are so strange in the way they handle things. Just know that I fully support your Brother!!!! It is SOOOOO hard to go through Deployments. Is this his first one? I can't remember if you said or not. When my Hubby went on his Iraq Deployment, I read so many books about Deployments and such. The FRG was such a waste sadly. I hope your Brother's FRG is good. If you aren't on their email list, try to get on it. They send out lots of deals and freebies for Military families back home. :-) We got awesome Twins tickets and a bunch of other stuff too. Plus they send out updates and such, which is always nice. (Sorry, kinda went on and on about that!)
Painting, it is such a chore, and seems to take forever!! Hubby won't let me paint because I end up getting more paint on me than on the walls! Lol.
We are suppose to get snow too- bleh! I am so sick of snow!!!!!! I am totally ready for Spring!! *fingers crossed*
I would have lost it with my dad too, so don't feel bad. Eventually, your dad is just going to have to suck it up for the good of the family.
ReplyDeleteI hope it's soon. You've been good about it so far.
*hugs*