Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Comfortable silence

So, its still winter. When I woke up this morning and looked out my window all I could see was what looked like fog at first. When I was able to focus I realized the weather guy was right. We got dumped on.
When I turned on the news I'd seen that the roads sucked which resulted in a few car versus snow plow accidents. So I was happy when my husband woke up and wanted to take Babe to school. I don't mind snow or ice but I was a little bit intimidated when I seen how many people crashed. Yikes!

The phone hasn't rang but a few times today and that's given me a pretty calm day. I didn't hear from anyone telling me about things that I have no control over, nor did I have to be a shoulder to cry on. Don't get me wrong,I don't mind being there when people need me, I just enjoy the silence some day's you know? When everyone's gone for the day I sometimes like to drink my coffee and listen to absolutely nothing. :)

Since it was crappy I spent the day digging out more comfort food recipes. I always like having slow cooked meals when its cold out. My favorites are chili and stews. I hadn't made a pot roast in awhile so I ended up making that with some bow tie pasta and a salad. I'd wanted to make a cake too but I lost all ambition and went with ice cream for dessert instead. Thats ok, I'm really trying to keep my weight down and when I have sweets in the house I tend to woof them down like there's no tomorrow. I know, I'm weak. LOL

I knows its only the middle of the week but it really does feel like Friday. I've got a few more days before things get busy. So I'm just going to enjoy the silence for now.

I'm beat, I think I'm going to call it a night. I hope everyone is doing alright out there.

3 comments:

  1. The snow looks so pretty! It stinks to drive in though. I woke up to a dusting, which was melted away by the sun. It got cold though! Single digits and windy. Bleh!


    Pot roast- yummy! I always make soup with the left overs. :-) I am coming to your house for dinner! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 5 degrees right now. Brrrr. How I wish spring would hurry up and get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it is Friday now, and it is STILL winter.
    26 degrees last I checked. Hope you've been enjoying some silence.~Mary

    ReplyDelete