
I am just beyond pissed off, I could just scream. What the hell is in the water today?
My teen is acting like a spoiled child right now and its driving me crazy. Ever since she left to go to her dad's its getting to be more apparent that she's getting hateful towards me. When she's here she's fine, but its when its time to call back and forth to see where she wants to be. Or when I text all I'm getting is attitude and shitty answers. Now I know some people are thinking, kids go through this, its no big deal, its a phase. Um, no! I'm not thinking that the manipulation that's going into this on her end is a phase. I'm not thinking that since I refused to fork out some money for a Louis Vuitton bag and grandma did and suddenly I'm shit is a phase. And I'm not thinking that since I shot down her suggestion (demand) that I buy her a 2005 or newer SUV and grandma is and now I'm nothing to her is a phase. And I'm definitely thinking that since I'm not supportive of her hanging out with a friend who just got arrested for smoking weed (in front of a cop) on school grounds and her dad is... and well you can figure out the rest!
I'm angry. All the love in the world is sometimes never enough for someone whose been taught (not on my end) at 15 going on 16 that our love for her is based on how much money we spend on her. And the fact that I'vew become the bank of mom who is supposed to be paying without question is really pissing me off! I know I'm not supposed to be angry about providing for her needs, and its not that. It's that the kid only wants things that will make her stand out at school because she's created this image for herself that requires big tag things that I refuse to buy. I reward her when her grades are good and when she helped out around here. But since she's allowed to run amuck at her dad's without working for it the grass is greener there.
I miss her terribly, I would lay my life down for her without hesitation but I cannot and will not give her money for stupid shit. If that's how she wants to roll then she's going to have to get a job before I just hand her anything. But from the sound of it her dad and grandma are satisfying her need for authentic handbags. So I can't do anything but be angry.
She wants me to pick her back up when I'm taking her shopping.
I feel fucking used.
And I don't even want to get started on how bitchy the leaders were acting at this last meeting. For people Who begged me to stay on this school year to help out they sure are acting shady. My Babe got hurt, I made them step up and handle it, and its not my fault you feel bad about doing your job. So the attitude can stop now. For being a leader Miss E doesn't do shit but eat the kids snack and the other co leader Miss K is just sick of everything riding on her shoulders. Oh I feel K's pain, that's where I was last year and that's why I stepped down. As far as them being shitty, that's on them. I'm not sure why I still have leader duty's with the troop when all I'm supposed to be is just there as a helper for Babe. If babe says she doesn't want to do it anymore than I'm out of there. But due to the fact that Babe got hurt and they can't handle all 21 kids alone then I'm going to be there to make sure she's ok, shit, they asked me to be there. What the heck!
There is definitely something in the water.

Oh sweetie!!! That stinks that people are being shitty! I wish I could give you advice, but I don't have a clue. I remember when I was growing up and wanted Girbau (sp?) jeans, my Mom got my a pair for my Birthday, and if I wanted any more, I got them at garage sales or she paid me to do stuff. I bet it is hard to enforce anything with her Dad forking out everything. I am thinking maybe he is trying to play good parent/bad parent. When she gets older, she will see who really loves her and who is just trying to buy her. One of my buddies on here is going through similar stuff with his Son. It is so sad! (Saint-Sinner is his name if you want to read).
ReplyDeleteWhat are those ladies for the Troop thinking? That goes against everything that is suppose to be learned, isn't it? What a load! Stand your ground and make them accountable, other than that, I wouldn't do them any favors. Sad really.
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for you!!!
Big huge hugs sweetie!
P.S. We got to 47 this afternoon! Heat wave!!!